Re: which upgrade path from woody?

On 2004-07-26 21:50:14 -0400, Hendrik Boom wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 27, 2004 at 12:40:19AM +0200, Karl Hasselstr?m wrote:
>
> > I've run reiserfs on a few Debian boxes for a year or two now, and
> > the bogeymen haven't come for me yet, so I'd say it's not a
> > problem.
>
> The other ancient bogeyman was booting. Any restrictions on having
> /boot be on a reiserfs?

I haven't tried that, mostly out of laziness. You would probably want
a kernel with reiserfs linked statically and not as a module (unless
some initrd magic makes it work anyway), but other than that, I don't
think there should be any problems.

There are a few FAQs regarding reiserfs as root file system at
http://www.namesys.com/faq.html -- nothing about its suitability, just
how-tos.

--
Karl Hasselström, kha@treskal.com