Re: Re: udev isn't creating links for my cdrom and dvd-rom devices

On Mon, Jul 26, 2004 at 08:27:21AM -0400, Kyle Girard wrote:
> > The script /etc/udev/cdsymlinks.sh addresses this issue. Just copy the
> > usage example into whatever rules file you use for local configuration
> > (I use /etc/udev/rules.d/local.rules).
>
> The relevant cdrom line from /etc/udev/cdsymlinks.sh is in the default
> /etc/udev/rules.d/udev.rules file so I don't think that's my problem but I'll
> try anyways....
>
> Nope that didn't seem to work... my cdrom devices are still not getting created.
> I'm just restarting udev... do I have to reboot for the changes to take effect?

Another thing that bit me was some leftover lines in /etc/lilo.conf from
2.4.x kernels like ``append = "hdc=ide-scsi ignore=hdc.."''.

This was causing udev to not generate /dev/hdc*, let alone the symlinks.

--
Dave Thayer           | WARNING: Persons denying the existence of
Denver, Colorado USA  | robots may be robots themselves.