Re: enable bonding

On Monday 26 July 2004 14:19, Jacob Friis Larsen hurled the following on the
wire:
> > What's the output of ifconfig? What's your routing table like after the
> > bonding? route -n
>
> I can't play with this now as I connect via SSH. Should I try that when
> I'm with the maschine? What should I look for?

Yes you can, route -n only shows the routing table (the -n switch disables
name resolutuion so you see actual ip addresses).

> > Can you ping the addresses of the 3 interfaces?
> > ping 81.7.167.226
> > ping 81.7.167.227
> > ping 81.7.167.228
>
> Yes.
>
> > Can you ping another host on the same network.
> > ping 81.7.167.229
> > What does
> > arp -a
> > show you.
>
> # arp -a
> ? (81.7.167.225) at 00:D0:00:E4:FC:0A [ether] on eth0
>
> This is now, when bonding is not set up.

Yes, that's ok, but do check these things with bonding set up. Set it up, then
do:

ping -b 81.7.167.255
route -n
arp -a

and post the results.

joost

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or other dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error please notify A.S.T.R.I.D.  nv/sa immediately and then delete this e-mail.