Re: udev isn't creating links for my cdrom and dvd-rom devices

On Sun, Jul 25, 2004 at 02:47:56PM -0400, Kyle Girard wrote:
> I wanted to experiment with udev, hal, dbus and gnome-volume-manager so
> I installed all of the above and rebooted everything seemed cool except
> I no longer have a /dev/cdrom link.  It appears udev didn't find my
> cdrom and dvdrom drives and it didn't create any links for them.

The script /etc/udev/cdsymlinks.sh addresses this issue. Just copy the
usage example into whatever rules file you use for local configuration
(I use /etc/udev/rules.d/local.rules).

HTH
dt

--
Dave Thayer           | WARNING: Persons denying the existence of
Denver, Colorado USA  | robots may be robots themselves.