Re: Re: udev isn't creating links for my cdrom and dvd-rom devices

> What was the real device name of your cdrom (not the link) before
> you installed udev?  /dev/hdc or /dev/hdd might be the device you
> need to put in /etc/fstab.  Another solution would be to have
> udev create the link /dev/cdrom. Do this by editing
> /etc/udev/links.conf.

It used to /dev/hdc but those devices aren't listed in /dev anymore
... which is probably why udev isn't creating the links... it isn't creating the devices.
FYI I do have a /dev/hdc in my fstab which I used for mounting the cdrom

I looked through /proc and /sys and I believe that all my devices are listed in one way
or another.... I don't _really_ know what is going on in those directories...

Any way I can use that links.conf file you mentioned to get udev to create links to my
cdrom?

--
Kyle Girard <theycallmecoach@rogers.com>