Re: udev isn't creating links for my cdrom and dvd-rom devices

On 25. July 2004 at 2:47PM -0400,
Kyle Girard <theycallmecoach@rogers.com> wrote:

> I wanted to experiment with udev, hal, dbus and
> gnome-volume-manager so I installed all of the above and
> rebooted everything seemed cool except I no longer have a
> /dev/cdrom link.  It appears udev didn't find my cdrom and
> dvdrom drives and it didn't create any links for them.

What was the real device name of your cdrom (not the link) before
you installed udev?  /dev/hdc or /dev/hdd might be the device you
need to put in /etc/fstab.  Another solution would be to have
udev create the link /dev/cdrom. Do this by editing
/etc/udev/links.conf.