Re: yay! I can print!

Jason Rennie wrote:

These are the packages I
apt-get installed:

cupsys-bsd cupsys-client cupsys-driver-gimpprint xpp cupsomatic-ppd
foomatic-db-gimp-print

I think this may be part of the confusion with setting up printers using cups on Debian. There is no package named "cups" (tasksel, anyone?). And why would I want to install "gimpprint" drivers if I'm not interested in printing from gimp? Granted, googling, etc, for documentation might address that confusion, but it's my thinking that ease-of-use could be greatly enhanced in this area. But oh well, developers/package maintainers have their own itches to scratch, and they do a fantastic job of what they do, and I'm obviously not fixing the problem, so I'll shut up now.

--
Kent