importing files on CD

HI Folks,
I am using Debian 3.0r2 Woody on a dual boot system along with windows. I am am new to Linux but have managed to partitioned and installed successfully. I need to bring over my files from windows by way of CD. In Gnome I've learned to mount them but don't understand how to import them into Home where I assume they need to be for me to continue working on them in ABI word or another word processor. I know this has got to be simple but one way or another I have made a major project out of it. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. Doug