Re: importing files on CD

on Tue, 20 Jul 2004 02:49:10PM -0400, Dougpol1 insinuated:
> HI Folks,
>    I am using Debian 3.0r2 Woody on a dual boot system along with
> windows. I am am new to Linux but have managed to partitioned and
> installed successfully. I need to bring over my files from windows by
> way of CD. In Gnome I've learned to mount them but don't understand how
> to import them into Home where I assume they need to be for me to
> continue working on them in  ABI word or another word processor. I know
> this has got to be simple but one way or another I have made a major
> project out of it.  Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

not sure i understand what you're asking.  do you just want to copy
the files from a mounted CD to your home directory?  if so, do:

cp /cdrom/file_to_copy /home/user/location/to/copy/to

-- that is, if you've mounted the cd at /cdrom (which i do).  could be
/mnt/cdrom, or something like that, too.

hth,

</nori>

--
    .~.      nori @ sccs.swarthmore.edu
    /V\  http://www.sccs.swarthmore.edu/~nori

++     Sponsor me as I run my SECOND marathon for AIDS:       ++
++ http://www.aidsmarathon.com/participant.asp?runner=DC-2844 ++