bittornado howto

Perhaps I've been spoiled by other debian packages but I can't figure
out how to run bittornado(-gui).

There is no man page. There is no menu item. In
/usr/share/doc/bittornado there is a README that contains the line
'Instructions for Unix installation are in INSTALL.unix.txt' which of
course doesn't exist.

It also tells me to run './bttrack.py  --port 6969 --dfile dstate' but
it doesn't tell me what directory I should be in. Trying it without the
'./' I get a 'command not found'. Using 'locate' I discover that there
is a /usr/bin/bttrack (note the absence of the .py extention). So I open
a new shell and try that command but don't get my prompt back.

What am I supposed to do now? There are evidently several other commands
that need to be run. Will I need to open a new shell for each of them?

It shouldn't be this difficult to run a program after using apt-get to
install it. What's the point of an install package if you have to read
the source to get it going?

Could someone give me a step-by-step?

--
If you must cry over spilled milk then please try to condense it.
    Rick Pasotto    rick@niof.net    http://www.niof.net