Re: recommendation for digital camera -=> Shameless Nikon plug

Apparently, _Micha Feigin_, on 07/18/04 15:26,typed:
On Sun, Jul 18, 2004 at 11:03:49AM -0700, listcomm@ml1.net wrote:

(P.S.: If anyone knows anything about Linux support for Nikon, please
point me at it; I'll probably need it eventually...)

I am interested in that too. I can access Canon G5 with gphoto2 but I mainly use a card reader to copy pictures. I am looking more towards the programs with which I can talk with the camera and customize it. Canonn give accompanying S/W for that but only for Windows :(

(N.B.:  I will, for identically converse reasons relating to support,
NEVER buy ANYTHING from Fuji EVER again - not even so much as a roll
of film.  And I hope somebody from both Nikon and Fuji is reading this.)

Their films are not that bad, e.g. Superia 200.

I am looking at linux support for coolpix 4500, and it seems to exist

Doesn't this model and many others by Nikon suffer from low light focusing problems? They lack a low-light focusing lamp, Canan doesn't.

features. I am not sure if it will allow you to access all the features
of the camera from linux (some of the high end cameras are customizable
and may require dedicated software).

Ah, if it were possible with Canon G5 in Linux, it would soooo great.

->HS