Re: Newbie problems galore

On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 12:08:14PM -0500, Kent West wrote:

> Run "lspci" to see what type of Ethernet device you have, then run
> "modprobe" to install the correct driver for it. You might then need to
> modify /etc/network/interfaces (see "man interfaces" for examples) and
> restart networking (/etc/init.d/networking stop &&
> /etc/init.d/networking start).

An alternative: Installing "discover" would probably "discover" your
network interface and install the correct module for it.  Or even
installing "etherconf".

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth
      me."         Philippians 4:13