RE: Occasional freezing / need help diagnosing

On Tue, 2004-07-13 at 13:54, Scott Thompson wrote:
> The box is connected to a cable modem and no other network.  The freezes
> have never occurred when using the web browser or email, but with a variety
> of other programs, such as synaptic, mplayer, kwrite.  Last night, the
> flying toaster screensaver was running when I went to bed, but had frozen
> during the night.
[snip]

reading of most threads
breaks up the flow and
your reply as that
Please Don't Top Post

Okay, I gotta ask the usuals:
        What (exactly) kind of Video Card are you running?
	What motherboard and processor?
	What Xserver are you using?
		(Vesa, FrameBuffer or Chipset Specific?)
			(one of mine I128, another nvidia)
	Which kernel are you using?
		Boot parameters? (mine == "root=/dev/hde3 ro vga=791")
	And do you have hdparm installed?
		If you do give output of: hdparm -iI /dev/hdX
			(X == OS Drive like /dev/hd[a-l])

Please get that info for us.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net