make xconfig not working

Hi guys,

I am trying to install/compile the kernel 2.6, but when I issue the 'make
xconfig' command I get a whole bunch of errors. Here is just a sample:

make[1]: Nothing to be done for `Makefile'.
  HOSTLD  scripts/kconfig/qconf
scripts/kconfig/qconf.o(.text+0x2b): In function
`ConfigView::initMetaObject()':
: undefined reference to `QVBox::className() const'
scripts/kconfig/qconf.o(.text+0x67): In function
`ConfigView::initMetaObject()':
: undefined reference to `QObject::badSuperclassWarning(char const*,
char const*)'
scripts/kconfig/qconf.o(.text+0xaf): In function `ConfigView::tr(char
const*)':
: undefined reference to `QApplication::translate(char const*, char
const*, char const*) const'

It was complaining about QT not being installed, but after 'apt-get
install qtlibs-dev' I passed this error. Now I am getting the errors I
am showing here.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

-Marvin