Re: Re: Configuring X-Windows in Woody (Novice help)

Many thanks Kent.
The magic number PCI:1:0:0 worked!!!. For the first time I saw the GENOME desktop on my own PC :-). However, the writings are blurred and the mouse pointer is big, but at least I can click and something happens. Oh! my God I have a lot of fiddling to do. I guess I can edit /etc/x11/xf86config-4 to change the settings until i get a good display.

I ran mv /etc/rc2.d/s99xdm /etc/rc2.d/_s99xdm so that the GUI(GENOME) login will not come because I wanted to edit the /etc/x11/xf86config-4 to try different settings, but now whenever I login it's my blurred screen that comes.

To solve this I need to read more abou linux, any pointer or hint?

Thanks a lot