Re: Occasional freezing / need help diagnosing

Scott Thompson wrote:
Occasionally Debian just locks up. The same box has WinXP and SuSE 9.1 and Debian Sid. Each OS has its own hard drive. I have not experienced any locking up with the other two OSs. I've looked in the logs in /var/logs but can't find anything that seems significant. Can anyone give me some tips on troubleshooting something like this? I'm really trying to decide between SuSE and Debian. I really like some things about Debian, but if I can't stop the freezing, I'll have no choice but to go back to SuSE.

Just a side thought. Is the lock up occuring when you are accessing the internet or local LAN? If that is the case, I would look into the network configuration.

hth
raju

--
Home page: http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/kk288/index.html