Re: TMDA considered harmful

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
> Too bad I haven't found a filter program that comes anywhere close to
> approaching the simplicity of tmda.  The rules are *so freaking easy* to
> implement.  This is a good thing.

    What about Exim's own filtering?  I find that rather easy to implement yet
retaining quite a bit of power.  What I've seen of TMDA's filtering it is a
tiny bit simpler but nowhere near as powerful.  At least it isn't the
Bernstienesque Procmail.  *shudder*

> I don't use c/r, but I do use tmda's pending-message mechanism.  Instead
> of challenging questionable messages, I "hold" them, which is an option
> allowing me to leave them in the queue till I feel like dealing with
> them.

    How does this differ than having them filtered into a folder for later
perusal.  I do that here.  Anything high enough to be marked as spam but not
so high it is rejected is filtered into a folder and I look at it when I'm
good and ready.