Re: tmda (was Re: Attach filter)

David Fokkema <dfokkema@ileos.nl> writes:

>>   - The premise that responses to challenges can be reliably predicted
>>     is false.  Legitimate senders will refuse to answer challenges.
>>     Spammers can and do respond to challenges.
>
> not enough data available.

It doesn't need to be available.  If C-R gains enough popularity, of
course spammers will figure out how to auto-respond to challenges.  It's
completely trivial to them, and it's well known that spammers will be to
great lengths to ensure they reach the greatest number of people.  If
they don't do it now, it's only because so few people use C-R that it's
not worth their bother.

Plenty of people on these lists have admitted to, and in fact encourage,
ignoring challenges.  I know I've intentionally discarded them before,
and I try to seed my Bayesian filter to recognize them as the spam they
are.

--
You win again, gravity!