Re: 3.0r1 vs 3.0r2

In article <[🔎] 1089385240.658531@savina> you write:
>I have the r1 cd set. I noticed that a r2 is available. I have not installed
>Debian yet. what is the difference between the two and is it worth getting
>the r2 before I install Debian?

Each point release contains fixes to the stable distribution, mainly
security fixes. If you have r1, then you'll want to update to r2 (and
beyond, ideally) to pick up security fixes at least.

If you have a reasonable net connection, just install r1 and then
update from security.debian.org with apt. If you don't, you could
either replace your r1 CDs with r2 versions or (easier) get hold of an
r2 update CD. The update CDs contain just the changes needed to get to
r2 from a previous version of woody.

HTH...
"It's actually quite entertaining to watch ag129 prop his foot up on
 the desk so he can get a better aim."          [ seen in ucam.chat ]