Re: 3.0r1 vs 3.0r2

On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 11:00:40 -0400
"Thomas S. Atkins" <tatkins@aug.com> wrote:

> I have the r1 cd set. I noticed that a r2 is available. I have not
> installed Debian yet. what is the difference between the two and is it
> worth getting the r2 before I install Debian?

r2 is security updates to r1. If your machine is going to be connected
the internet or a large network, I would recommend using r2. However,
you don't have to buy the cds; you can upgrade over the internet. If you
have a dialup modem though, yea, you'll probably want to get r2 on CDs.

HTH,
Jacob

--
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

Random .signature #15:
"What you end up with, after running an operating system concept through
these many marketing coffee filters, is something not unlike plain hot
water." --Matt Welsh