Re: document archiving w/ scanner

Hey Martin-

I use an Epson SU1640 Office, which includes a document feeder and can be
connected via either USB or SCSI.  It works fine under debian, using the
SANE backends, although the one put out by epson (the "epkowa" driver)
works better than the epson one included with SANE.  I wrote a simple
script to turn documents into PDF's; it's not exactly perfect, but it does
the job: http://www.unc.edu/home/aperrin/tips/src/pdfscan-pl.txt

Best,
Andy

clists@perrin.socsci.unc.edu * andrew_perrin (at) unc.edu