Re: 3.0r1 vs 3.0r2

Hello!

On Fri, Jul 09, 2004 at 11:00:40AM -0400, Thomas S. Atkins wrote:
> I have the r1 cd set. I noticed that a r2 is available. I have not installed
> Debian yet. what is the difference between the two and is it worth getting
> the r2 before I install Debian?

You can find infos about the differences at "Debian GNU/Linux 3.0
updated (r2)" <http://www.debian.org/News/2003/20031121a>.

Yes, it is definitely worth getting r2 in some way. Either download
the updated CD(s) or proceed as follows:

If the box(es) you are going to install Debian on will have some sort
of net access you can simply just install r1 and then get all security
updates, please see "4.2 Execute a security update" in the "Securing
Debian Manual" at
<http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/securing-debian-howto/ch4#s-security-update>
as well as "Security update protected by a firewall" at
<http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/securing-debian-howto/ap-fw-security-update>.

HTH,
Flo