Re: Pick up a shell session after ssh timeout

Joost De Cock wrote:

Is there any way to pick up where I left?

No, nor should there be.

When your SSH session dies the shell you were running dies with it.

Someone else mentioned screen.  It works well.

Really though, you need to find out why your SSH sessions are "timing out". I can leave SSH sessions up for days and days (at home on my private network, of course).

Perhaps you need keepalives turned on on your sshd to keep some traffic flowing between the two machines so your firewall/NAT/whatever the heck is killing your session doesn't lose it in its session table somewhere.

--
Nate Duehr, nate@natetech.com