Re: Ugly firefox icon

On Wed 7 July 2004 01:26, Jamin W. Collins wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 06, 2004 at 08:21:43PM -0300, Toshiro wrote:
> > I'm using sid and I noticed that instead of the fine firefox
> > default icon (the fox around the globe) I have a really ugly blue
> > globe; am I the only one with this icon or is it part of debian?
> >
> > Anybody know how to get the original icon back?
>
> Short answer is you can't get the "official" icons in a non-official
> package.  That is anything not packaged directly by the Firefox team.

Yes, another consequence of Mozilla.org and especially Firefox's
newfound focus on Windows users. Since Microsoft is unlikely to
distribute a copy of Firefox (much less modify it) with Windows, the
notion of others distributing it, as Debian and other Linux
distributions do, is largely below the radar of those in charge. I
believe the maintainer tried to secure permission to use the icon but
couldn't. He was lucky to be able to use the name "Firefox" from what I
recall.

--
David P James
Ottawa, Ontario

If you've lost something, you had to lose it, not loose it.