Re: Using Linux on a Family PC

On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 16:21:43 +0200
"Felix C. Stegerman" <quix@free.fr> wrote:

> I remember WP 5.1. That was fast. I haven't used it for a long time
> though, so I can't really remember much of the advanced functionality.
> My dad (note that my real dad and stepdad are different peoply, and my
>
> real dad does know a lot about computers since he's a sysadmin) still
> uses WP 5.1 regularly. Unfortunately he doesn't use Linux, but his
> company does use (dare I say this?) SCO UNIX. (which I believe they
> bought before SCO was taken over by Caldera though).

Well, if old versions aren't a problem... They did release WordPerfect
8.x for Linux a long time ago. I used to have a cd of it around here.
Not sure how easy it would be to find for download. Note, however, that
it requires some old libraries to work properly.

HTH,
Jacob

--
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

Random .signature #64:
Windows:

32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit
operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor, written
by a 2 bit company, that can't stand 1 bit of competition.

Linux:

The ultimate windows patch. http://www.linux.org/