Re: postscript-enabled mozilla package anyone?

Michael B Allen wrote:
On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 20:07:13 +0200
Thomas Winischhofer <thomas@winischhofer.net> wrote:

What a brillant idea to disable the postscript printing facility entirely and to "replace" it with a tool whose zillions of text file config options

Sounds like a packaging problem to me. Last I tried installing xprint
was a matter of unpacking, starting the daemon, exporting XPRTSERVERLIST
and logging out and back in.

Xprint output is a solid 100% better than PostScript/default. But then
I haven't tried it in a while.

I installed it on my CUPS-running system. The result is a printout in max 100 dpi on all of my 6 laserjets and no proper color-to-greyscale conversion (looks like black & white). Frankly, it looks like the result from a dot-matrix.

I never had ANY problem with postscript directly from Mozilla... and I really print a lot.

And I cannot understand why I would need yet another printing system on my box, obviously requiring manual setup. I refuse to learn how Xprint works in order to make my box print. (Hell, this is 2004 and I need to fiddle in conf files to make a program print.)

One printing system per box should really be enough.

Thomas

--
Thomas Winischhofer
Vienna/Austria