Re: Package question, Woody versus Sarge

Hello!

Taken from <http://ftp-master.debian.org/removals.txt> (big file!):

|------------------- Reason -------------------
|RoQA; orphaned, no upstream, doesn't build with gcc-3.3.
|----------------------------------------------

RoQA: Request of Quality Assurance

> A related question... I downloaded the .deb files for POSE and its
> dependencies, and I installed each of them with 'dpkg -i'. They now
> show up in dselect. I was wondering if there's a safe and reasonable
> way to be able to access packages from another release automatically,
> without having to wrangle the .deb files by hand...?

Safe and reasonable? Not really, but you can easily mix distributions
by using a method called pinning, please see
<http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/ch-package#s-apt-track>
for starters.

HTH,
Flo