Anyone do DV editing (Kino and Cinelerra)?

Ok, I'm playing with Kino -- works reasonably well, although segfaults
when trying to control my Sony camera where dvgrab and gscanbus work
fine at running the camera.  Now I want to try Cinelerra.

Can someone explain a bit about capturing.  I found what seems like an
old tutorial at <http://www.robfisher.net/video/kino.html> says to use
dvutils (dv2mov and dvmov2dv) to move between formats.

I've found the dvutils in source at:

  http://www.singingwizard.org/programming.html

But that page says the utils are deprecated in favor of using Kino
directly.

Ok, so I can use kino or dvgrab --format qt to export to .mov, BUT
there's no audio.  dbgrap reports:

  quicktime_encode_audio_stub called

so it looks like I can encode the video, but not the audio.

Any idea what's needed to get the audio?  Does dvgrab need to be
recomplied and linked with a library that will encode the audio?

dvgrab:
  Installed: 1.5deb-2
  Candidate: 1.5deb-2
  Version Table:
 *** 1.5deb-2 0
        500 http://http.us.debian.org unstable/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

By the way -- any pointers to tutorials would be great.  I'm also
curious about the difference between the raw1394 and the dv1394
drivers (and when to use each).

Thanks,

--
Bill Moseley