Re: Re : L 90 90 90 90 90

On Mon, Jul 05, 2004 at 09:18:32AM +0100, Owen Jones wrote:
> Hi, tried using the rescue disk but it through up this error :
> Kernel Panic : VFS : Unable to mount root fs on 3a:05
> The lilo error cant of been caused by me using bitmaps this was a new install
> I like david barons idea, there may well be corrupt boot records,
> this thing is messed up from trying to install many diferant OS's

Did you type in the correct 'root=' parameter when booting from the
rescue-disk?  Something like 'rescue root=/dev/hda3' ?

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "But Jesus said, Let the little children come to me,
      and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven
      belongs to such as these."
                                   Matthew 19:14