Re: apt-get dselect-upgrade

On Sun, Jul 04, 2004 at 03:58:50PM +0100, Sam Halliday wrote:
> hi there,
>
> when i first installed debian i tried to bring over my list of packages using
> `dpkg --set-selections`, but i ended up just using aptitude and starting afresh.
>
> but i recently ran `apt-get dselect-upgrade` and it seems to have a memory of
> all apps i originally wanted to pull over... is there any way i can clear that
> list, as i would like to be able to use `apt-get dselect-upgrade` for other
> reasons (namely a script to purge all uninstalled apps)

What is the output of

dpkg --get-selections

I'm wondering whether you can distinguish between 'install'ed packages
and something like 'to be installed'. I honestly do not know. But if the
output gives you differences, you could run sed on it and change 'to be
installed' to 'purge' and you'd be set, I think.

HTH,
David

--
Hi! I'm a .signature virus. Copy me into
your ~/.signature to help me spread!