Re: html-email and mutt

On Tue, Jun 29, 2004 at 12:03:56PM -0400, Ernie McCracken wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 16:55:57 +0200, Johann Spies <jspies@sun.ac.za> wrote:
> > In the mutt documentation I could only find references to
> > html-attachments.  What do I do when the whole email is in
> > html-format?  Can gnus handle it?
>
> Sure, mutt can handle HTML-formatted email messages.
>
> In ~/.mailcap, I have (among other things):
>
> text/html; elinks -dump %s; copiousoutput; nametemplate=%s.html
>
> In ~/.muttrc, I have:
>
> auto_view text/html

I have been using a similar .mailcap entry for years but I did not
have 'auto_view text/html' in my .muttrc. Thanks for the
information. It is now handling it as expected after adding it to
~/.muttrc.

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he
      is able to help those who are being tempted."
                                        Hebrews 2:18