Re: Visual C++?????

On Tue, Jun 29, 2004 at 02:02:28PM -0500, cecil wrote:
> Ok, yet again, my prof wants us to use Visual C++. I have not yet talked
> to him about this. I have decided that I will HAVE to use X, so I guess
> I'm looking for a IDE that will approximate this. I know of anjuta,
> kdevelop, and motor(console mode app). Any ideas, suggestions, or
> comments? The new head of the department is English! I know it doesn't
> matter, but he's funny as hell. Very much a lighthearted guy. I had him
> before. Anyway...

If you need only standard C++ you can use any linux tool and then
compile the final thing under windows for submission (keep a spare day
or two since gcc and MS don't agree on everything).

If you need gui then you probably have no way around it unless he lets
you use wxWidgets/gtk/fox/<another multi platform gui> instead of mfc
so you can still develop under linux and then just compile the final
output under MSVC (I prefer wxWidgets personally).