Re: Visual C++?????

On Tue, Jun 29, 2004 at 02:02:28PM -0500, cecil wrote:
> Ok, yet again, my prof wants us to use Visual C++. I have not yet talked
> to him about this. I have decided that I will HAVE to use X, so I guess
> I'm looking for a IDE that will approximate this. I know of anjuta,
> kdevelop, and motor(console mode app). Any ideas, suggestions, or
> comments? The new head of the department is English! I know it doesn't
> matter, but he's funny as hell. Very much a lighthearted guy. I had him
> before. Anyway...
>
> Cecil
>

> --

Hi Cecil,
I recently started to play with c++ and c#. And I recently also found
IDE's for each. monodevelop for C# and xwpe for c++. actually xwpe can
work for a few of the gnu languages. It also works in both x and console
mode. But of course, there is also vim.
The thing I'd like to know is, if you are learning ansi c++, where you
will not REALLY need a gui, or you are lerning something that NEEDS
buttons and windows, ,etc. If the latter, I'd be interested if he'd
allow you to use some open source equivelents like gtk,gnome,glade or
the like for makinng window/gui apps.
-Kev
--

        (__)