Re: Visual C++?????

cecil wrote:
> Ok, yet again, my prof wants us to use Visual C++. I have not yet talked
> to him about this. I have decided that I will HAVE to use X, so I guess
> I'm looking for a IDE that will approximate this. I know of anjuta,
> kdevelop, and motor(console mode app). Any ideas, suggestions, or
> comments?

doesn't visual c++ have its own libraries? no matter how close an IDE
approximation you have GUI-wise, you will never be able to have a compatible
library.

just ask him if you are allowed to use any ISO C compiler... unless you are
using a specific library (e.g. the windows widgets) then i can't see why there
would be a problem... emacs+gcc away!

> The new head of the department is English!

sorry to hear about that ;-)