Re: Visual C++?????

Joris Huizer wrote:

The worst thing I know of Visual C++ is,

for (int i = 0; .... )
for (int i = 0; .... )

is the bad thing the declaration of int in the for loop? According to scoping rules i is only in scope for the first for loop so the second declaration should be ok. It's been a while since I used VC++ but is the issue the fact that MS has the scoping rules messed up (i.e. the second for loop prompts an error)? I know Visual studio has some serious issues with compliance (especially when it comes to templates) I don't think MS does it on purpose, they do it to get their products out on time. MS lives in their own bubble and they don't consider the outside world too much. I think this is evident when they published the .NET framework which the open source community took and utilized to the open source community's advantage. MS isn't against standards, as long as the standards were created by them to make them look good ;).
Imagine MS as a spoiled only child who wants everything their way.