Re: Visual C++?????

cecil wrote:
Ok, yet again, my prof wants us to use Visual C++. I have not yet talked to him about this. I have decided that I will HAVE to use X, so I guess I'm looking for a IDE that will approximate this. I know of anjuta, kdevelop, and motor(console mode app). Any ideas, suggestions, or comments? The new head of the department is English! I know it doesn't matter, but he's funny as hell. Very much a lighthearted guy. I had him before. Anyway...

Cecil

As long as the program he wants is text based, you can do the hard work under linux, and check at the end for the silly parsing oopses of Visual C++

The worst thing I know of Visual C++ is,

for (int i = 0; .... )
for (int i = 0; .... )

won't work as the thing parses as if it's still 1990 (something like that) - this syntax wasn't legal once

If he wants a graphical thing, it'll be very hard to escape doing *everything* under Visual C++

HTH,

Joris