Re: Login Shell/Profile: Stop the Madness

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 00:44:15 -0600
bob@proulx.com (Bob Proulx) wrote:

> Michael B Allen wrote:
> >   exec -l $SHELL -c "$STARTUP"
> > [...]
> > Rather than creating an alternative xfree86-common package, it would
> > really be better to just fill out a bug report and try to speak with the
> > maintainer. I'll look into it.
>
> martin f krafft previously posted a bug against kdm and there has been
> some discussion logged.  I just posted a summary of the various d-u
> discussions there.
>
>   http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=250765

Unfortunately the KDM package maintainer isn't the optimal person to speak
with. The xfre86-common maintainer would be in a much better position to
actually change the file in question. I have hesitated to submit that
report reasoning that there must be some hard-headed thinking that has
caused this issue to persist as it has. I might be prudent to get some
more support and positive feedback from users. I think users that have
applied the method will advocate it in return. Once that happends
the maintainers would be forced to look at the issue seriously.

Mike

--
Greedo shoots first? Not in my Star Wars.