Re: How hard would this be?(Learning LaTex)

On Saturday 26 June 2004 09:21 pm, cecil wrote:
> Someone told me today at lunch that what with my  "wierd obsession",
> as he called it, to perhaps go without a gui(X), I should try "that
> latex thingie". My buddy is a real wordmaster. LOL. I did some

A lot of good information in the posts so far.  I know your friend said
you are obsessed with gui-less-ness, but if you later decide to use
one, there is an editor called LyX you may like.  It is LaTeX-based.
It essentially automates much of writing in LaTeX.  It also supports
adding LaTeX or even TeX code directly, though I have never had to use
that feature.  Debian packages are lyx and lyx-qt.  FMI, http://lyx.org

best,
Aaron - http://redsymbol.com