Re: mysql and libgcc_s.so.1

On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 07:40:38PM -0400, flah@hell.com said
> I'm experiencing something very strange since I moved to woody unstable.

"woody" and "unstable" are different versions of Debian.  *very*
different versions.  From the versions you give below, though, it seems
you are indeed running unstable.

> Since updating, I can't get my locally compiled copy of mysql to survive
> more than a single connection. After the connection is closed, mysqld
> exits everytime.
>
> I was using mysql-4.0.14 compiled under stable so I decided to move to
> mysql-4.0.20 compiled under unstable to no avail. Every time the thread

You're built it from source on unstable, on the exact machine you're
trying to run it on?

> for the connection tries to clean up, mysql tries to open
> libgcc_s.so.1. Somehow, mysqld fails to find this file!? I've noticed
> that it tries to open the correct file, but the open returns ENOENT.
> Permissions are fine from / all the way down to /lib/libgcc_s.so.1.
>
> I'm running the most recent woody unstable and I have the following:
> gcc --version
> gcc (GCC) 3.3.4 (Debian)
>
> ldd --version
> ldd (GNU libc) 2.3.2
>
> /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql --version
> /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql  Ver 12.22 Distrib 4.0.20, for pc-linux

This exact version is in unstable anyway.  Does the Debian binary
package work for you?

--
Words of the day:                cryptographic quarter emc PGP explosion UNSCOM