Re: Upgraded to exim 4 and now I'm getting knoppix messages (not a knoppix user though!)

On (22/06/04 22:17), Jerome Werner wrote:
> I upgraded to exim 4 in unstable and now I'm getting error messages in my user inbox:
>
> /begin message/
>
> >From Mailer-Daemon
> X-Failed Recipients: root@mycomputer
> [...]
> Subject: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender
> [...]
> A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following addres(es) failed:
>
> root@mycomputer
> delivery cancelled; message timed out
>
> ---This is a copy of the message, including all the headers-----
>
> Recieved: from root by knoppix with Local (Exim 3.36 #1 (Debian))
> Subject: *** SECURITY information for Knoppix ***
> [...]
> Knoppix: root: unable to lookup Knoppix via gethostbyname()
>
> /end message/
>
> Anyway, how to I tell exim 4 I don't want mail going to root, just to my user (like exim 3 did it).
Hi Jerome

I don't recall having to do anything when upgrading but I've just looked
at my /etc/aliases file which shows:

postmaster: root
root: clive

That is probably where you need to address the problem

YMMV

Clive

--
http://www.clivemenzies.co.uk