Re: 11g PCI Wireless recommendations

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004, [iso-8859-1] Pål Dahle wrote:

> I'm using a 3com Office Connect 11 a/b/g 3CRPAG175 (with an x-jack
> antenna), and the card has worked perfectly so far.
>
> There is no driver for that card in the kernel, but it may
> easily be downloaded from the madwifi CVS server:
>
> cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/madwifi co madwifi

if you're using madwifi drivers:
	- it does not yet support ad-hoc mode
	- it does not yet support auto mode

	- it does NOT recommend that it's used a 54g ap mode
	- it does NOT support wpa ap mode

	- wep ( 64bit and 128bit ) works
	- wpa client is released couple weeks ago

since none of the above is an issue for me, madwifi works fine
for what i need .. though i and others insist we get wpa mode
working on a linux-based ap... it's part of the fun/progress

other wireless drivers ( supported cards ) and antenna and wpa and blah
	linux-wireless.org

c ya
alvin