Re: 3 gigs enough?

On Mon, Jun 21, 2004 at 01:06:39PM -0500, Cecil wrote:
> I bought a nice little laptop off ebay... Its got a 3 gig hd. All I want
> to do is have developement packages on, X windows, probably run
> Eclipse(where do i get that from anyway??? ), surf web, get email,
> listen to winamp radio and write scripts. 366mhz is the speed of the
> processor. Will the hd be too small? Will the processor slow me down?  I
> will not be ripping mp3s, I will not be playing games. Just coding and
> basic internet useage. Any opinions?

I would say, yes. If you are planning on using a heavy-weight desktop
environment like KDE or GNOME in their entirety you may run into
trouble, but why would you?

eclipse is available as packages in debian sid/unstable, or more recent
versions from www.eclipse.org.

--
Jon Dowland
http://jon.dowland.name/