Re: SA going downhill

On 16 Jun 2004, Antony wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm using spamassassin 2.63 in unstable.  In the last month or two, much
> more spam seems to get through.  Here's an example:
>
> >From fetchmail  Wed Jun 16 11:36:56 2004
>         by localhost with IMAP (fetchmail-6.2.5)
>         for antgel@localhost (single-drop); Wed, 16 Jun 2004 11:36:56
> +0100 (BST)

[snip]

For many months now I've been using spamprobe, which I find better than
spamassassin. Easy to set up and not more than one or two false
negatives a day; no false positives at all. I don't know why spamprobe
receives less publicity than the compettion but it's better than all the
others I've tried. There's a good mailling list to which the author
contributes frequently.

There is a deb but I generally compile from source and put it in
/usr/local.

Anthony

--
ac@acampbell.org.uk    ||  http://www.acampbell.org.uk
using Linux GNU/Debian ||  for book reviews, electronic