Re: Another "testing" vs "unstable" question

On Sun, Jun 20, 2004 at 02:35:32PM -0500, Kent West wrote:

> Yes, unstable does indeed break sometimes, sometimes seriously so. But
> in the five or so years I've been running Debian, I've seen far less
> breakage on Debian unstable boxes than on Windows boxes (and much, much,
> much more recoverability). So if you've been able to live with Windows
> for the past few years, you can probably handle Debian unstable.

Sure, but the apropos comparison is against SuSE or Mandrake or
something, not Windows.  At least IMO.

Mind you, tracking Testing for the past two years I've had one
significant problem (the KDE thing) which was only a difficulty at
all in that I couldn't use Konqueror for a few weeks.
--
Carl Fink             carl@fink.to
Jabootu's Minister of Proofreading