Re: Another "testing" vs "unstable" question

Michael Satterwhite wrote:

On Sunday 20 June 2004 18:44, richard lyons wrote:
On Sunday 20 June 2004 16:10, Michael Satterwhite wrote:
[...]

Although I've had to use Windows at some client sites, my personal
machines have been essentially MS free for over a year. Some
exceptions, there - I can't live without Quicken / Quickbooks
[...]

Look at sql-ledger.  You might like it.  Really effective bookkeeping
which runs in a browser, so you can set up remote access should you
wish to.

It's the electronic banking that I use. For obvious reasons, I don't really want to play games with that. Hence cxoffice.
I haven't sql-ledger and will look into it but gnucash will read Quicken files from your bank and you may like using accounts completely instead of using Quicken categories which are just weakened accounts. This reference may help with Quickbooks to GnuCash conversion:

http://www.aerospacesoftware.com/GNU_Cash_for_Business_users_Howto_Guide.html

Paul Scott