Re: Pros/Cons Kde vs Gnome?

Daniel Barclay wrote:
> Actually the shell is, for cases like "rm *.o".  (That's why I
> wish graphical shells retained the advantages of command lines when
> they added the graphical advantages.

    I should have said "partial, non-continuious selections across a large
list."  Simple cases like *.o, yeah, shell does fine.  I mean like a list of,
2-300 files which have no common denominator.  Suddenly the globbing gets
rather convoluted or you need to go through several passes whereas in a GUI
selection you can just go down the list holding CNTL and SHIFT-select ranges
and then execute one operation at the end.