Re: Pros/Cons Kde vs Gnome?

On Tue, 2004-06-15 at 09:10, Cecil wrote:
> I am curious as to what the pros and cons would be of picking just one
> desktop and deleting the other. Please tell me which you prefer, and
> resons why.  I have bothe kde and gnome now. Thanks,
>
> Cecil

It's really a case of how much you want to fiddle with things. KDE is
big on options. GNOME is big on setting the defaults for you (which by
and large, I prefer, with the exception of that weird ass spatial
nautilus thing).

As far as versions go, pretty much anything prior to KDE 3.0 and GNOME
2.2 is generally considered out of date (a fairly important point if you
are running stable).

Edward