Re: Pros/Cons Kde vs Gnome?

Edward Murrell wrote:
> It's really a case of how much you want to fiddle with things. KDE is
> big on options. GNOME is big on setting the defaults for you (which by
> and large, I prefer, with the exception of that weird ass spatial
> nautilus thing).

    Love to know why people are calling it a new thing.  Everything I've read
about the "spatial nautilus" being a "departure" from how GUI computing has
been done only reminds me of how I've been doing it for the past several years
in Win95-Win2k and OS/2.  Only more than 10 years now.  This is new?  To whom?