Re: Pros/Cons Kde vs Gnome?

Paul Scott wrote:

Steve Lamb wrote:

 ...   Pisses me off to no end when i want
to copy
from folder A to folder B which are both in folder C and I have to open two windows and drill both windows down to that one subfolder and then split when
I can just drill once, split from there, copy the files then close all.
But that's a CLI job anyway. Tab-completion and history and the rest of the shell goodies makes the CL easier for most of that stuff :)

Has anyone every tried _combining_ a graphical view with a command
line in the window?

Sometimes I'd like to use a graphical browser (not necessarily
the two-pane tree view form) but still be able to directly type in
commands to operate on the represented files.

Daniel