Re: Gnome AddressBook?

On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 03:09:23PM +0000, Ed Sutherland wrote:
> On Thursday 17 June 2004 01:43 pm, Chris Metzler wrote:
> > On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 13:23:24 +0000
> >
> > Ed Sutherland <digital@twcny.rr.com> wrote:
> > > I'm running on the PPC version of Debian -- probably explains this:
>
> > I don't think so.  After all, if you look at what I put in, you see:
>
> I added unstable to the source.list for us.debian.org and grabbed gnome-pim.
> Disappointing. I did find Rubrica, an excellent alternative. The one sticking
> point keeping me from using Gnome full-time is its inability to recognize my
> CUPS printer from within Galeon or Thunderbird. Disappointing. I'm forced to
> continue using KDE because of that point. (Anyone know how to get CUPS
> printers recognized within Gnome?)

Not sure if it covers gnome but it is the solution for mozilla(-firefox)
so is probably the solution for thunderbird and maybe galeon.

You need to install xprt-xprintorg. You will also need to set the
environment variable XPSERVERLIST but I think that is taken care of
under debian with /etc/X11/Xsession.d/92xprint-xpserverlist (in
xprt-common - assuming you are using an session for X, I think gnome
session reads this file). To make sure do an echo $XPSERVERLIST after
installation (and restarting X to make sure it runs), it should output
something like :64.